People show an increasing tendency towards having their own wind turbines for generating their particular electricity and in addition for reducing their contribution to environmental problems arising from carbon based sources of energy.
Wind turbines along with their operation
A wind turbine is a machine that can convert the kinetic energy in the wind into electrical energy. Blowing wind rotates the blades in the turbine as well as the mechanism in it can generate electricity upon this rotation. Wind turbines have mainly two types. Horizontal axis and vertical axis wind turbines. Both of them have pros and cons but horizontal axis ones tend to be more common as a result of higher efficiency.
Individual wind turbines
Individual turbines can be applied for a number of purposes which range from supplying energy for many small electrical devices where grid connection is not easy to meeting portion of the energy demand of a home, a farm or even a production facility. Individual generation systems can be standalone or grid connected. The power output coming from a standalone China Wind Generator can be directly used. However, in grid connected systems excess electricity produced can be supplied to the national grid system. In Ireland, you will have chance to be bought the extra electricity you supply for the grid as much as 500kW. Individual wind turbines can range from no more than 50W to the size of 3 MW, based on their function of use.
Individual wind turbines for domestic use
Unlike large industrial wind turbines, these turbines have smaller dimensions which make them suitable for using in relatively smaller areas. Their capacities range from as small as 50 watts to as much as 50 kilowatts along with their prices vary according to their sizes, types and manufacturers.
What to do for installing a small wind generation system?
* Initially you must decide whether you really need a small scale wind turbine to your energy needs. Sometimes just saving some energy can lower your bills but if the basis for considering a small turbine has been in off-grid areas you can proceed to one other steps.
* Inspect your web site or perhaps your building (for rooftop turbines) to view whether it be appropriate for installing a wind turbine. You ought to have enough space to install a turbine minus the wind being blocked by other buildings or obstacles.
* Determine your energy needs. Your electricity bills will likely be your best references.
* See if the spot you may install your turbine is windy enough. You can always find wind measurement data in wind energy associations’ websites to your area.
* Based on your energy requirement and the wind potential in your town, decide the capacity and type from the turbine you will want.
* Your small scale wind method is expected to possess a ROI duration of maximum fifteen years. Economic lifetime of the small wind turbine without changing the primary elements is estimated to get about two decades and proper maintenance will increase this. However, maintenance needs of small wind turbines are expected to become minimal.
* Have any permits required in your town.
* You will probably need to have a contractor for erection, assembly, electrical connections of your wind turbine. However, in case your turbine is micro scale, you can do these jobs on your own as well. You can find domestic scale wind turbines and in addition 400W or 1 kW self installed turbines and accessories on windturbines.ie.
Individual wind turbines for industrial uses, i.e. factory sites
Turbines for industrial uses have capacities between 500kW to 3 MW. It is possible to create electricity for wind speeds between 3 m/s and 25 m/s. For times the wind will not be blowing, one can get electricity from the grid. This can lead to additional revenue as well as your reduced energy bills.
Steps towards a wind turbine installation inside your factory site:
The steps that should be made for installing a commercial scale wind turbine are approximately exactly like those for installing a domestic turbine. The sole difference is that they require more expertise. So it would be a good idea to require a turnkey service from a professional company in order not to experience any problems. The stages for a turbine installation are outlined below:
* Wind Measurement: When your annual electricity generation depends mainly on wind speed, this method is of vital importance so that you can forecast your power production. You can never know what you would generate not understanding everything you have in hand.
* Feasibility studies: This is an in depth study to let you know rskxmv your proposed system will be a feasible project or otherwise.
* Grid connection studies: This step assesses grid connection possibilities to your proposed wind turbine.
* Permission: Planning and installation of your wind turbine will require some permits on planning stage and throughout installation. Failure to have these permits may bring about legal enforcement.
* Project budget planning: What you will need to spend to your wind turbine project from starting out the final is a vital item in almost any kind of planning business.
* Procurement, commissioning and installation: All of your equipment and staff needs to get a turnkey project.
* Post-sales services: Issues like warranty, technical service, and maintenance.